Please Note: The documentation is an ongoing project. Please feel free to contribute or raise an issue for anything that is missing or broke.
Get Started Quickly with
New bot author¶
For authors eager to establish a local bot development environment right away, we recommend using the ares-sc2-bot-template and follow the instructions in that repo.
If you're new to
we suggest familiarizing yourself with it first.
Take a look at some examples and documentation on that repository. You can still write
python-sc2 code as
usual within the blank starter bot, making it a good option for learning the basics.
Migrating your existing bot made with python-sc2 to
is a fairly straight forward process in most instances. Tutorial coming soon
Ares-sc2 is a library that extends the capabilities of the
python-sc2 framework. The fundamental principle driving the evolution of
ares-sc2 is to empower users with full command over strategic decisions.
Consequently, the library is designed to offer supportive functionalities for bot developers,
avoiding preconceived choices out of the box. In fact when initiating a project with
ares-sc2, it closely
resembles starting with a blank
python-sc2 bot! You can write standard
python-sc2 logic and call upon
ares functionality as required.
Bots made with
Feel free to add your own bot here
- AresRandomExample (R)
- Aristaeus (P)
- Nani-Z (Z) micro ladder bot
- oops (R) micro ladder bot
- Phobos (T)
- QueenBot (Z)
- Highly customizable and extendable behavior system. Curate custom combat maneuvers and macro plans.
ManagerMediatorto facilitate communication and retrieve information from managers in
ares, see docs here
- Manage production by declaring army compositions, less repetitive boilerplate code in your bot. See tutorial here
- Memory units tracking by default. Track units that have recently entered fog of war.
- Pre-calculated building formation for all maps and bases (Terran and Protoss only).
- MapAnalyzer library available
- Pathfinding with populated influence grids available as needed.
- Opt in Build runner system, easily curate new builds via a config file.
- Data management, set multiple builds via the build runner system and
areswill cycle through them on defeat.
- Cython alternatives available via the cython-extensions-sc2 library.
- Unit Role management system, a must-have for managing different groups of units.
- Debug unit spawning at camera location.
New to bot development? We've got you covered! Begin with the
ares-sc2-bot-template to set up your environment.
The tutorial provides a blank bot to help you get started.
If you're ready to explore features in
ares-sc2, checking out the tutorials section would
be a good next step.
Familiar to bot development and
python-sc2? Converting your existing bot to
ares-sc2 should be
seamless in most instances, check out the migration guide.